Target II: Health Promotion
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority will promote health awareness in three areas: Alzheimer’s Disease, Stroke and Mental Illness.
Co-Chairmen: Gwendolyn Holmes Brown and Valarie Barrett Everett
In addition, Target II oversees:
The Annual Omega Omega Community Health Fair where the AKA health partners and other supporting health and wellness entities have the opportunity to directly connect with our community most in need of these services.
The Team AKA Omega Omega in selected Community Walks and the fundraising for support of the associated causes.
- Community Health Fair/Mental Health Impact Day on TBA
Team AKA Omega Omega participation in Fall Walks 2017: Click Donate to support or register under Team AKA Omega Omega.
- Sickle Cell September 23, 2017 DONATE
- Out if the Darkness Walk October 1, 2017 DONATE
- Making Strides October 15, 2017 DONATE
- Lupus Loop October 29, 2017 DONATE
- Philadelphia Heart Walk November 4, 2017 DONATE
- Step Out Walk November 4, 2017 DONATE
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s November 11, 2017 DONATE